Dallas, Texas is proud to be one of the 5 cities chosen to host AIGA National’s Gender Equity in Design workshop, facilitated by Leyla Acaroglu. We’ll be hosting the full day workshop at the Dallas Center for Architecture, with plenty of parking and an outstanding view of the Dallas Arts District.
Enhance your leadership skills and advance gender equity with this one-day professional development workshop designed especially for creatives. Sessions start with a dive into gender, empathy, and workplace issues that affect leadership progression and collaboration. From there, a range of high-energy interactive activities bust through biases to forge co-designed solutions.
The event is gender inclusive and capped at 25 participants. Breakfast and lunch are provided.
Location: The Dallas Center for Architecture // 1909 Woodall Rodgers Fwy
AIGA Members: $150 / Potential Members: $200
Register via ETOUCHES
• Improve your understanding of gender-related cognitive biases and develop skills to overcome them
• Increase your negotiating and collaboration skills
• Develop enhanced communication and facilitation capabilities
• Develop empathetic understanding of gender-related workplace issues
• Improve your management style to be more inclusive and empowered
• Leave with an improved toolset to enact equity in your workplace
// Arrival :: 8:30 – 9 am //
// Morning session :: 9 am – noon //
• Introduction to behavioral bias and workplace equity
• Small group activity on issue and opportunity identification
• Leadership, empathy and storytelling activity
// Lunch break //
// Afternoon session :: 1 – 4:00 pm //
• Action and empathy mapping
• Co-design ideation session on reframing biases
NOTE: Revenue from this workshop, part of a series across five AIGA chapters, supports a year-long gender equity project in collaboration with Disrupt Design. The result will be a toolkit to be made available to all AIGA chapters, and beyond.
ABOUT OUR FACILITATOR : LEYLA ACAROGLU, PHD
Dr Leyla Acaroglu is a New York based Australian designer, sociologist, educator, sustainability provocateur and entrepreneur. She is the founder of The Un-School of Disruptive Design, and two design agencies; New York based Disrupt Design and Melbourne based Eco Innovators, both multidisciplinary studios focused on pioneering social and environmental change by and through design. Her award winning work spans a variety of locations, fields and mediums, and is driven by a strong desire to effect, create, and see positive social sustainability change in the world. She has just completed her PhD on how to make effective change.
Leyla is a well-respected international speaker, with over 1 million views of her mainstage TED talk, she has keynoted the AIGA Design Conference in 2012, and presented at a host of international events. She is a highly skilled facilitator and passionate communicator, with her writing being published in a host of design magazines and the New York Times.