Shake that Valentine's Day monkey off your back and give gifts made with love and craft by your fellows at AIGA DFW’s Third Annual Creative Flea in Deep Ellum.
The Creative Flea will take place February 8, 2013 from noon–5pm. Admission is $10 for members and nonmembers.
Want a better chance at winning great prizes during our Third Annual Creative Flea? Sign up before the event online, and you'll receive an extra raffle ticket!
Raffle prizes include:
• two tickets to a Cafe Momentum dinner ($200 value)
• three bottles of Noble Vines wine, assorted Chocolove chocolates and a $50 gift card to Eddie V's Steakhouse ($110 value)
• two baskets raffled separately, each containing: a certificate for two to Deep Ellum Brewery, one bag of Noble Coyote coffee, tea from By The Grace of Tea, six Sprinkles cupcakes (~$70 value total)
• Hempz assorted product gift basket: Fresh Coconut & Watermelon Herbal Body Moisturizer, Triple Moisture Herbal Whipped Body Crème, Ultra Moisturizing Herbal Lip Balm, Fresh Coconut & Watermelon Nourishing Herbal Body Wash, Triple Moisture Herbal Whipped Crème Body Wash, Sandalwood & Apple Herbal Body Scrub ($115 value) *All products are Paraben & Gluten Free, 100% Vegan and THC Free.
• Local treats and a $70 gift certificate to Greenling.com (~$90 value)
Half the proceeds will go to AIGA DFW's Design Camp (coming August 2014), and the other half will go to Cafe Momentum. We'll also be collecting physical donations to Youth Village Resources in lieu of admission. These donations include:
• White socks
• Dress socks
• Tooth paste
• Tooth brushes
• Body Wash
• Card Games: Phase 10, UNO, Skip Bo
The flea is a great opportunity to meet people, take care of your holiday shopping, have fun and support some worthy causes:
Cafe Momentum is a nonprofit restaurant concept conceived by Parigi co-owners Chad Houser and Janice Provost that will serve as a culinary training facility for the disadvantaged. Their primary focus is the Dallas County Youth Village, a juvenile residential detention facility for nonviolent adjudicated boys ages 13-17.
Youth Village Resources of Dallas' mission is to meet the needs of young men of the Dallas County Youth Village and Medlock Residential Treatment Center by providing resources that will aid them in finding strength and determination to succeed and lead a productive life.
AIGA DFW is the first place to turn for inspiration, professional development, and excellence in design in DFW. Our mission is to advance designing as a professional craft, strategic tool, and vital cultural force. We encourage the exchange of information and ideas among professionals involved in design, related fields and design advocates.
AIGA DFW's first ever design camp in August 2014 will immerse DFW-areas K-12 into the imaginative world of design thinking and creative problem solving so that they can be more comfortable and better equipped to face today's growingly complex problems and challenges.